Position yourself for the next level! You have asked and prayed for it, now it is upon you! Are you ready to go where I am taking you? Are you prepared for the harvest I have designed? Look carefully at your life and allow me to bring alignment to the areas that continue to cause you to stumble. I am the God of your weaknesses as much as I am the God of your strength. Keep those things before me that cause you to stumble in your flesh. I am a keeper and I know how to keep those things that you commit to me! Stay in the light! Don’t shrink in this hour. You are on the verge of seeing the manifestation of THE answers, yes even the answers you thought would NEVER come! You are not out of time or season. You are right where I want you to be! Hold on and stay in the center of MY WILL. Make your life a habitation for MY GLORY!
2 Chronicals 20:17 You shall not need to fight in this battle; take your positions, stand still, and see the deliverance of the Lord [Who is] with you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Fear not nor be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.
Romans 5:6 While we were yet in weakness [powerless to help ourselves], at the fitting time Christ died for (in behalf of) the ungodly.
John 11:9-10 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? Anyone who walks about in the daytime does not stumble, because he sees [by] the light of this world.10. But if anyone walks about in the night, he does stumble, because there is no light in him [the light is lacking to him].
Psalms 121:5 The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand [the side not carrying a shield].
Exodus 15:13 You in Your mercy and loving-kindness have led forth the people whom You have redeemed; You have guided them in Your strength to Your holy habitation.
Until we speak again, stay strong and be blessed.
Copyright © 2010-11, Marcus & Gloria Whyte 23. All rights reserved.
You have always loved me for who I am.
But you’re also loved me for who I could be.
And AS much AS I may have pushed back from time to time,
that “Loving Nudge” to be more has made a big difference in my life…
helping me dream big, dig deep, and discover the best in me.
Time after time, you’re been there, cheering me on and keeping the faith.
And I realize now just how much that’s meant. Good love can take a person far.
Dad, I know because of you.
This was a card giving to me from my kids….with so much Love!
Thank you both for sharing & expressing your love!
Today I thank God for this new day, this new beginning, not for the everyday reasons alone, but today I am especially grateful, because on this day some 44 years ago you create in your image, my best friend, my lover and soul mate, the father of my children and completed me. Happy Birthday Marcus….
The Beginning Journey…Until Our Path Crossed: Even in our formative years, before introduction, our pictures can attest that our backgrounds were similar. We were just two little people on a path that came together at a point of destiny. Early in our relationship, this journey that we now share never crossed our minds. We were like most couples just trying to do us, working and living our lives but through understanding we came to find that doing us is loving, sharing, caring and helping others come to the knowledge of what a Healthy Marriage is.
Your Queen “Gloria”…
This past Saturday I was sitting listening to a dude tell a story about a certain low point in his marriage. He said that when things got particularly rough, that he just packed up and left. He left his wife, his children and even didn’t speak to his parents for years. Thankfully, the story has a happy ending and he came to himself and went back home to his family. But he made a point in the story that I thought was very poignant and bears repeating.
He said, “I didn’t feel like the 80% my wife was giving me was enough. I felt like I could make up the other 20% somewhere else. I left my family and discovered that all I found was 20%.”
Whatever deficiency there is in our relationships, if any, will not be made up for outside of the relationship. Don’t give up the 80% for 20%.
In our relationships, our partner is most likely only able to offer 80% of what we need. There are times when we will find someone who fills in the wholes, offering the other 20%…and because it’s been missing for so long, you think you’ve finally found what you truly need. But be carefully taking risks of cheating, or leaving your 80%…because what you will be left with, is that 20%. Obviously this is no where near as fulfilling as being with someone who offers 80%
Don’t ruin a good thing if you got it…if you cheat with that 20%…you may get caught, get the boot, and lose your 80%.
Proverbs 16:18-19 “Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, Than to divide the spoil with the proud”.
Destructive pride can be a major stumbling block in your Christian walk! We are as God’s children to be of a humble spirit. For; “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (1 Peter 5:5) It is written; “For this is what the high and lofty One says he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.” (Isaiah 57:15)
But I realized that humbling ourselves in this instance is nothing more than just swallowing our pride. And that is something, although difficult, that really isn’t humble. It’s just facing up to reality; not believing that we are above our circumstances.
I love the attending verses in 1 Peter 5, one of the “humble yourself” passages. After Peter tells us to swallow our pride, he tells us to cast our anxieties on the Lord. This shows that God is not up in heaven rolling his eyes at our vanity and pride. He wants to bear our anxieties as we swallow our pride.
After all, isn’t anxiety produced with humbling ourselves? We have to trust that God is going to work our circumstances out, not us. We are giving up control. And by telling us to caste our cares upon him, we have a God who wants to take our anxiety and not create it (by telling us to humble ourselves). His commands can, at first, seem difficult, but with all the commands, he gives us exactly what we need to carry them out.
Now Jesus, is speaking of entering the Kingdom of Heaven; “Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.” (Luke 13:30) Also Jesus’ brother wrote; He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)
My Sisters and Brothers in Jesus Christ, “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him ,for He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:6-7)
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
I’m just saying…something to think about!
~ Just Marcus
The time is always right to do what is right…-Martin Luther King Jr.
Integrity is not a ninety percent thing, not a ninety-five percent thing. Either you have it or you don’t.
Often times, When I’m blogging and sharing different encouraging words & concepts that hopefully is helping others deal with everyday challenges, I am brought back to topics like: We are unbreakable because…
I sometime wonder where did that topic or title come from and why am I writing about this subject matter. Who knew that these topics may have been personal.
Here’s an example of how of what I mean. Last week I finally got an answer about a position that I applied for at a major University. The position seemed ideal for me, it was in the area that I lived and I met all the requirements, but here’s how it played out. The positions came out to being between myself and another applicant. It’s either them or me…first a phone interview (a panel of five members), next a face to face interview, then the background check, references to be reviewed…neck and neck, right! An eight weeks process. Then finally getting that wonderful letter in the mail stating, and I quote straight from the letter:
” We have decided to offer this position to another individual. In no way should this be interpreted as a reflection of your skills and accomplishments, but a judgment based on all the facts and information at our disposal”.
Wow, Thanks for your time but we like the other person more than YOU… Ok, I know what you are saying the thing that we are taught to say, that old common statement “it’s there lost”…, “there’s something better for me”…” I didn’t want it anyway”. But after a couple of seconds reality sets in our true feelings starts to well up and our words change to,”why didn’t they need, want, or like me”? ” It’s Cool, I’m OK”! You are left to your own thoughts, feeling like in the words of Glee singers “Looser like me”.
Now, I remember my blogs and statements and quotes…disappointments makes you stronger, It’s not just words, it’s real, a package sitting on your door step of reality.
Stay Positive…Stay Encouraged…God HONORS your Heart! It’s not always Easy, but we know it’s Necessary. In Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Psalm 27:13-14 (NKJV) 13I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Psalm 73:25-26 (NKJV) 25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. 26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Dear God show me what you are doing beyond what I see right now. Change my perspective so I can see where I’m going. Thank you for helping me achieve greatness through the struggle of what I’m going through.
Thank you for opening my eyes.
In Jesus Name, Amen!
Think about it: the greatest player in the history of basketball, Michael Jordan, will always be revered wherever he goes for being the incredible athlete that he was. By contrast, perhaps the greatest player in the history of baseball, Barry Bonds, will forever be ostracized for the intimidating home run hitter that he became.
Guilty or not of using steroids I can see Barry Bonds, the convicted felon, spending much of his post-baseball career overwhelmed by regret. — Jerry Bembry” —http://www.myjet247.com/Content.aspx?topic=Barry_Bonds
Again and again, the impossible problem is solved when we see that the problem is only a tough decision waiting to be made. -Robert H. Schuller
Every noble work is, at first, impossible. —Thomas Carlyle” —